Thursday, March 7, 2013

Challenge No 24 - Inspired by A BOOK





































I am re-decorating my unit at the moment. More bright colors and just a revamp and clean out. One of the projects I am really looking into is my Hallway. Majorly neglected and  you walk through it ALL THE TIME. I am making mine into a gallery space and have been watching Dear Genevieve on Foxtel and she is amazing. In one of the episodes she used old Botanical Flower prints and had them framed. I AM OBSESSED WITH BOTANICAL FLOWER BOOKS!!! So naturally I decided to use one of the nail foils I have for this challenge. The design is so similar to most of the botanical drawings its not even funny!!!

The base is Shellac Hollywood and the Nail Foil as always is from the Shardee Shimmers ebay store. Its called Floral Art : http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FLORAL-ART-nail-art-foil-75cm-comes-rolled-plastic-tube-/221184727207?pt=AU_Nail_Care&hash=item337fa318a7#ht_1371wt_903
I love this pattern but unless you have a light colored base coat you can see all of the wrinkles where my nail is too curved for the foils :( Ah well still looks amazing :)

This shows the glue drying and the foil before application.

See the wrinkles. Would have been better with a light base color so hide those small imperfections.



No comments:

Post a Comment